The Bernalillo County Board of Commissioners will meet in a study session with the Bernalillo County Healthcare Task Force on Friday, Nov. 14, 2014, from noon to 1:30 p.m.
The study session is open to the public and will be held in the city/county building, One Civic Plaza NW, Ninth Floor, City Committee Room, Albuquerque, NM 87102.
The Healthcare Task Force will present its recommendations to the County Commission and discuss the recommendations with commissioners. There will not be a public comment section on the agenda.
The Healthcare Task Force was tasked with developing recommendations to address:
- A plan for meeting the healthcare needs in Bernalillo County
- Preserving the healthcare safety net for Bernalillo County
- Leveraging mill levy funds and other sources of county funding for UNMH, the Mental Health Center and indigent care;
- Helping with the health care needs of the incarcerated population in the jail
- Ensuring accountability for the use of taxpayer dollars towards healthcare
The Bernalillo County Healthcare Task Force will also present its recommendations at the Nov. 18 County Commission meeting at 5 p.m. in the Vincent E. Griego Chambers, One Civic Plaza NW. Public comment will be allowed.
One Civic Plaza NW
9th Floor City Committee Room
Albuquerque, NM 87102
Google map and directions